Board of Education Meetings Board of Education Meetings The Board of Education generally meets at 7 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month at the Administrative Offices located at 2155 Miramar Boulevard in University Heights.
Special Board Meetings or Board Work Sessions may be called by the President, the Chief Financial Officer, or any two members of the Board. They send a written notice with a time, date, place, and purpose for the meeting to each member of the Board two days prior to the meeting. These meetings are work sessions for the Board and are usually scheduled for the third Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
Click here for a list of work session topics.
Regular Board of Education Meetings and Work Sessions air on Time Warner Cable Channel 22 approximately one week after the meeting date and are available for checkout as a DVD at the Cleveland Heights – University Heights Main Library on Lee Road approximately 2 weeks after the meeting date.
Ohio law permits the Board to meet in executive session, which are meetings closed to the general public. The Board may call an executive session
- To consider the appointment, employment, dismissal, discipline, promotion, demotion, or compensation, of a public official or employee, or to investigate charges or complaints against them;
- To purchase or sell property for public purposes;
- To prepare, conduct, or review negotiations with public employees;
- To review imminent or pending litigation;
- To review matters that are required to be kept confidential by federal law or rules or state statutes;
- To discuss specialized details of security arrangements.
Addressing the Board Input from citizens is encouraged and welcomed during allotted public participation time at regular Board Meetings. Citizens may speak at the beginning of each regular meeting and limit remarks to five minutes. Speakers will be asked to state their name and identify the topic they wish to address. Generally, no public participation at Special Meetings or Work Sessions is allowed, although the Board and the President may decide otherwise at the time of the meeting.
Board of Education Meetings – 2009
Board of Education Meetings – 2008
Board of Education Meetings – 2007
Board of Education Meetings – 2006
All notices are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. Click here for help viewing PDF files.